The Grand Blanc Township Police Department recommends Trick or Treating hours from 6:00pm – 8:00pm for Halloween on Tuesday, October 31, 2017. In an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable evening for everyone in the community these are suggested hours. These hours also coincide with the city.
The Grand Blanc Township Police is working in partnership with the Grand Blanc School District by providing Grand Blanc students with Halloween safety rules.
If you would like further information you may contact Officer Jon Swartz or Officer Dan Wolschleger at 810-424-2611. Attached is a copy of the Halloween Safety Rules given to students and made available to the general public.
RULES AND TIPS
- Always use common sense.
- Make sure to have a parent or adult with you when you’re out trick-or-treating.
- Never trick-or-treat alone, keep your buddy with you.
- Stay on sidewalks and don’t run through yards.
- Obey all traffic signals and make sure to cross the street with caution. Look both ways before crossing.
- Choose a costume that is flame retardant. Stay away from flames and candles.
- Carry a flashlight or a glow stick.
- Walk, do not run!
- Trick-or-treat at houses that have the front light on.
- Stay in familiar neighborhoods, unless with a parent or adult.
- Accept treats only at the door, never go inside of the house.
- Be very cautious of strangers. Do not go anywhere with them.
- Wait until you get home to eat any of your treats. Make sure a parent or adult inspects the treats before you eat them.