Department of Public Works (DPW)
The mission of the Grand Blanc Township Department of Public Works is to ensure the delivery of quality public services and to promote the safety, health, and quality of life of its citizens.
The Department of Public Works is a division of the Department of Public Services led by Director Jeffrey Sears. As the Director of Public Services, Jeff is head of the Public Works Division, Building Division, Code Enforcement Division, and GIS division. Jeff oversees all of these department operations while also being responsible for the collection of fees associated with departmental activities and being responsible for the efficient use of customer and taxpayer funds to provide efficient and effective services to the community.
The Township Department of Public Works is responsible for the maintenance and repair of Township-owned public water and sewer infrastructures. Through preventative maintenance and necessary repairs, the DPW delivers quality drinking water to businesses and residents and ensures the safe and proper collection and disposal of sewage. Department staff is responsible for over 250 miles of water main and 250 miles of sewer mains.
In addition to this work, the DPW performs snow and ice removal services for residential (local) streets within the township, building and grounds maintenance, maintains three township-owned cemeteries, helps maintain the Perry House, occasionally completes projects for the Parks Department, and maintains a fleet of over 70 Township vehicles and pieces of equipment.
Important Contact Information
- Utility Bill Payment Questions - Treasury Phone Number: 810-424-2600, ext. 2905
- Water and Sewer Questions - DPW Phone Number: 810-424-2600, ext. 2903
- Road Questions - Genesee County Road Commission (GCRC) Phone Number: 810-767-4920
- Drainage Complaints - Genesee County Drain Commissioner (GCDC) Phone Number: 810-732-1590
Billing & Account Information
- Pay a Water and Sewer Bill on the BS&A Online Website!
- Pay a Permit or Inspection Fee on the BS&A Online Website!
- Utility Account Name Change Request Form
- Please take a moment to browse our page with information regarding storm drains and the Townships' National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permits.
- Water and Sewer rates can be found on our current water and sewer rates page.
- View current information regarding sewer cleaning on our page.
- I had a sewer back up during a recent rainstorm. What should I do?
- How should I go about having my basement cleaned after a sanitary sewer backup?
- How do I pay for the clean up?
- I have a problem in the sanitary sewer service lead (lateral). Whom do I call for help?
- What is a sanitary sewer service lead (lateral)?
- What is connected to this sanitary sewer service lead (lateral)?