Open Burning Guidelines
Outdoor Burning Guidelines - (Township Residents Only) - General Rules & Directions
- Outdoor burning can be restricted at any time by the fire department.
- Only logs, tree limbs, clean lumber, and brush may be burned.
- Burning of leaves, grass clippings, or any other materials is prohibited.
- Citations are issued for the burning of petroleum products, which may result in a fine or jail time.
- No petroleum-based products may be used to start the fire.
- Burning must be on your own property or with the written consent of the property owner where the burning is
- A responsible person of 18 years or older must be present.
- Wind speed must be less than 10 miles an hour for outdoor burning.
- This does not include charcoal fires for cooking in UL-approved barbeques.
- The responsible party is to assure the fire does not endanger structures, vehicles, ground cover, or valuables. You are liable for all damage to property, which may occur as a result of the burning being done.
Open Burning Directions
Open Burning will be CLOSED Monday 4/18/2022
Due to the beginning of yard waste collection in the Township, open burning is coming to a close and will be prohibited until November.
Open Camp Fire Directions
Available throughout the year.
- The size of the fire may not exceed 3 feet wide by 3 feet long by 2 feet high.
- Fires must be extinguished by 1 am. They may not be left to smolder overnight.
- A standard garden hose connected to a water supply must be present or a fire extinguishing agent must be readily available.
- Fires shall not be located within 25 feet of a structure or combustible material.