Fire Safety Tips
- Never leave holiday lights plugged in when you are not at home.
- Keep lighters and matches away from children.
- Be sure that your clothes dryer is clean and never allow the clothes dryer to run when nobody is home.
- Candles should never be left unattended.
- Be sure to practice your fire drills and be sure to include a "meeting place".
- Be sure to properly maintain all heating systems. This includes all wood burning equipment and their chimneys.
- Keep a fire extinguisher close by and be sure that it is properly maintained.
- "Change your clock, change your battery" - to be sure that you change the batteries on all smoke detectors yearly. A good time to do this is when you change you clock.
- If you obtain a burning permit, be sure to be prepared - hose line, fire break, and contact your neighbors.