Election Workers Needed
Always Looking for New Election Inspectors
Are you looking for an opportunity to serve your community? Why not consider working as an Election Inspector?
Election Inspectors are paid for attending mandatory training prior to Election Day and working on Election Day. The Clerk's Office cannot staff 19 precincts on Election Day. We need Election Inspectors to make our elections run smoothly. They truly are the backbone of our democracy and we are very fortunate to have a wonderful group of Inspectors.
- Must be 18 years of age. (A person who is 16 or 17 years of age may be appointed with special conditions.)
- Must be a qualified and registered elector of the State of Michigan.
- Must be able to work be able to work from 6:00 a.m. to approximately 10:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- Must have transportation to and from polling location.
- Must have a good clerical ability to perform duties.
- Must have computer experience.
- Must attend a mandatory training class prior to working their first election.
Election Day Duties
- Assist in opening and closing the precinct.
- Assist voters throughout the voting process by checking their identification, verifying the voter is eligible to vote and in the correct precinct.
- Record the voter in the electronic poll book (laptop computer).
- Assign and issue a ballot to the voter.
- Work with the Chairperson to resolve any issues that arise during the day.
Please contact the Charter Township of Grand Blanc Clerk at (810) 424-2602 or Deputy Clerk at (810) 424-2644 to request an Election Inspector Application and/or to seek additional information. It is a very rewarding community service experience.